ChillOut Systems FAQ
- How does the Quantum Cooler work?
The Quantum Cooler keeps you cool and focused in extreme temperatures by pumping a propylene glycol coolant formula through specially designed cooling apparel.
Powered by a rotary micro-compressor, the system requires zero water or ice to operate.
Combined with a cooling shirt that has a structured vein layout that covers more surface area of the body, our design has the most superior heat exchange rate than any other cooling system on the market.
- How is the Quantum Cooler able to generate so much power for its size?
The Quantum Cooler has one of the highest power to weight ratio rotary micro-compressors in the world. Capable of producing as much cooling power as a compressor 5x its size, this is the heartbeat of our cooling system.
- How is the Quantum Cooler different from other cooling systems?
The Quantum Cooler requires no ice or water to operate. It runs on a continuous cooling cycle. It’s lightweight, compact, and has a fluid flow rate of 20 liters per minute at 16 psi.
It requires less amps to run than other systems, and allows you to set and change your temperature to your needs.
- What does the Coolant Formula consist of?
The ingredients for the Coolant Formula includes propylene glycol and fungicide. It’s non-toxic and biodegradable.
- How cold can the Quantum Cooler make a person while in operation?
At 110º ambient, the Quantum Cooler is capable of chilling to an electronically limited 40º.
Operating temperatures are adjustable from 40º to 70º. The recommended temperature setting to start is 55º.
- How long does the Quantum Cooler operate before needing to be refilled?
It functions on a continuous cycle. As long as the Quantum Cooler is in operation, then the user will stay cool.
- What are the dimensions and weight of the Quantum Cooler?
The dimensions of the Quantum Cooler are 10.75” x 6.5” x 6” and it weighs less than 11lbs.
- How is the Custom Sport Tee designed?
The Custom Sport Tee involves three layers: two layers of ultimate stretch cotton encasing a strategically structured layer of cooling veins, and a snug stretchy innermost layer, keeping the garment from bunching up under a race suit.
- How can I tell that the Custom Sport Tee is working?
Once you are wearing the garment, you will start to feel it getting colder. It can take up to four minutes to reach the set temperature. You will be able to see the temperature changing on the digital display.
As the system works on a circuit, it will not start to cool unless a garment is connected to the Quantum Cooler.
- How can I control the temperature of my Quantum Cooler?
A digital display communicates the current temperature and is built directly on top of the Quantum Cooler. A dash-mountable remote control, that displays both the current and set temperature, is also available.
- Can the Quantum Cooler cool more than one person at a time?
Depending on the ambient temperature, the Quantum Cooler is designed to run up to 3 garments at a time.
- What are the power requirements to power a Quantum Cooler?
While power draw can spike to 28 amps at start-up, depending on your surrounding temperature, average draw is 15 amps. The system runs on 24 volts outside of the car with our AC adapter, while it runs on 12 volts inside the vehicle.
Tested in extreme temperatures around 120º, our system uses around 330 watts at maximum.
INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE
- How do I install the Quantum Cooler?
The Quantum Cooler mounts to the Cooler Base Plate, which you can mount anywhere in your vehicle. Visit our website for installation videos and more tips.
- What are the maintenance requirements for the Quantum Cooler?
There are zero maintenance requirements for the Quantum Cooler.
We only suggest that you flush and load the system with Coolant Formula once a race season. Loading the formula into the system takes less than two minutes. If done regularly, it will keep your Quantum Cooler running in optimum condition.
- Do you offer replacement or spare installation parts?
Chillout Systems offers replacement and spare installation parts. If you have additional questions about which parts you might need, please reach out to us.
APPAREL AND ACCESSORIES
- What type of Chillout shirts are available, and how are they different from one another?
We are launching with our cotton Custom Sport Tee, but will be offering SFI rated garments in the near future including: pants, long-sleeve shirts, etc.
- Is there a sizing chart for the shirts, so I’ll know what size to order?
We will have a sizing chart on our website soon. Keep in mind that the Custom Sport Tee is designed to fit snug, especially at the bottom seam to prevent the garment from bunching or riding up under a race suit.
- Are there additional accessories for the Quantum Cooler?
There are many accessories available including: a 110-220 volt power supply that powers the Quantum Cooler outside of the car, additional Cooler Base Plates, dash-mountable remote control, breakaway safety release fittings, hose adapters, and additional Coolant Formula.
We will have more accessories available soon.
- Is the Quantum Cooler compatible with other-branded cooling shirts?
The Quantum Cooler is 100% compatible with other cooling system brands. With a ¼” adapter, you can use your favorite cotton or SFI rated cooling shirt with our Quantum Cooler system.
- Can I purchase a Quantum Cooler direct, or through a vendor?
Chillout Systems will be selling direct to consumer until the official launch on April 1. Shortly after, we will list the additional vendors we will be working with.
Feel free to request a vendor local to you!
- What is the warranty for Chillout Systems components?
The warranty for Quantum Coolers is 18 months. If you order a cooling garment and it doesn’t fit properly, there is a 48 hour limit on returns for size replacement.
- What is Chillout Systems return policy?
Return policy is 30 days, excluding cooling garments and shipping.
- Does Chilout Systems ship internationally?
Chillout Systems does ship internationally.